Abdel Dayem: The “Asfour” Forum celebrates the symbols of Arab culture
The artist, Dr. Enas Abdel-Dayem, Minister of Culture, inaugurates the International Forum “Gaber Asfour.. Accomplishment and Enlightenment” which is organized by the Supreme Council of Culture headed by Dr. Hisham Azmy in cooperation with “Sultan Bin Ali Al Owais” Cultural Foundation. The forum is attended by Ibrahim Al-Hashemi, The Foundation’s Executive Director of the Foundation. The forum is organized with the participation of a range of critics, 15 Arab countries including: Egypt, Libya, Iraq, Tunisia, Algeria, Sudan, Morocco, Lebanon, Bahrain, Yemen, Kuwait, Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Syria and Palestine. It will begin on Sunday June 26 and will continue until Monday June 27 at the headquarters of the Superior Council of Culture.
Abdel Dayem said that the forum is part of the plans of the Ministry of Culture -represented by the Supreme Council of Culture- and the “Sultan Bin Ali Al Owais” Cultural Foundation to celebrate the symbols of culture in the Arab world.
Abdel Dayem added that the late Dr. Gaber Asfour shaped the consciousness of generations, confirming that he left works and writings that enriched the Arab cultural library.
Groundbreaking ceremonies include:
Sunday -June 26, 2022
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
– “The discourse of the family” by Dr. Hala Fouad
– Speech of the participants delivered by Fakhri Karim
– Speech by the President of Cairo University, Dr. Mohamed Othman Elkhosht
– Sultan Bin Ali Al Owais Foundation speech par. Fatima Al-Sayegh (board member)
– Speech by Dr. Hisham Azmy, Secretary General of the Supreme Council of Culture
– Speech by Dr. Enas Abdel-Dayem, Minister of Culture.